Thursday, March 29, 2007

Steve TV: Gas Station

This video was recorded on the Nokia N95. I then edited the video on iMovie on my MacBook Pro.

I learned a couple of things. An 8 minute movie, exported as 640x480 is a 266MB file. So I re-exported this as a 320x240 QuickTime movie using H.264 and it ended up as a 73 MB file. A better size for uploading to blip.tv.

I might switch to recording these Steve TV videos as 320x240 so I don't have to deal with the file size problems. The 640x480 quality is amazing, but for these little tests capturing life streams, I think the smaller size is fine.

I'm also being seduced by the ease of use that the N95 provides with it's internal editor. After having gone through all the trials and tribulations of logging and capturing, editing, compressing and exporting video with a desktop based system and miniDV based camera, it's freeing to be able to shoot, edit and post from one device.

No comments:

Follow me on twitter: @stevegarfield

Visit:
http://stevegarfield.com

Read my book:
Get Seen: Online Video Secrets to Building Your Business

Watch my live show, Thursdays at 2:00 Eastern:
stevegarfield.tv